It’s been a strange old year for the events industry. Everything that we knew changed. Everything that felt natural and obvious and straightforward changed. And while the world did slow down briefly it didn’t actually stop. Because it has even been thus: the world needs events. They just changed!
Change brings #opportunity. Opportunity brings #innovation.
There’s been a lot of change in the #eventsindustry over the last year … but it’s also brought about great opportunities for change and innovation. Here are just a few of our observations to whet your appetite!
- Technology: Advances in technology have allowed us to do so much. It’s kept us connected. It’s given us the tools to train and teach us to bring people together. It’s involving, FAST. And that’s great because it means the functionality and opportunities for us as event planners and for our clients keeps growing and changing.
2. Warp Speed: Taking event online changes the timeframe of a traditional event. The audiences tolerance for long and lengthy events shrinks in an online world. Snappy and succinct, engaging and entertaining all matter in an online environment.
3. Comparisons: When you’re producing an online event, your audience are subliminally comparing it to what they see every day on TV and streaming services. TV has always been an expensive medium. And the likes of Netflix and other big production companies have upped the standard of our day-to-day viewing even more. So adding professional touches such as graphics, music, snappy scripts and audience engagement can really help pack a punch.
4. Think Global: Remember all those ideas you had for amazing guest speakers in the past events that just weren’t possible because they were on the other side of the planet? Your online event makes anything possible. Connecting your speakers from far away countries and different time zones It’s just a click away. So allow your imagination run wild. Who, who, who could be the next amazing speaker that your online event?
5. Meet Your Producer: And the role of your event manager has changed too. The meticulous care and attention that went into physical events we now apply to event production. We are now your event producers. We guide you through selecting the right platform, timing, speakers, graphics, songs and music and ideas for audience interaction. We are still your trusted events team, delivering excellence, ideas and innovation… Now we just do it differently!